5 Tips for Better Oral Health in 2023
What are your health goals for 2023? If achieving better oral health is on your list, here are our top 5 recommendations to help you get started on the right foot.
1. Test your oral microbiome with Bristle Health's at-home saliva test. Their test will give you a window into your oral health and can help make personalized product recommendations or help you talk to your dentist about your results.
2. Read Heal Your Oral Microbiome by Cass Nelson-Dooley (available on Amazon!) The more you know, the better equipped you are to make decisions about your oral health!
3. Use products that are healthier for your mouth and body. As studies accumulate on the dangerous effects of prolonged fluoride consumption, why not choose a safer option that is just as effective? Hydroxyapatite is a naturally occurring mineral form of calcium that plays a role in the structural strength of your teeth (and bones!) and can help aid in the remineralization of enamel. Dental probiotics are also a great natural and effective way to help balance the pH of your mouth and discourage the growth of cavity-causing bacteria. The benefits of probiotics for the gut are well studied, and now we know they can be beneficial for the mouth too!
4. Learn from experts on Instagram (Like @AskTheDentist, @Biological_dentist and @Doctor_Staci) These dentists are holistic-minded and always have great tips, tricks and information to share. A must follow on social!
5. Drink more water, eat nutrient-dense meals, snack less, floss more. Changing your small, daily habits will make the biggest impact!
Which of these will you implement in 2023? Let us know in the comments!